Thursday, June 5, 2008

Statement of Process

While I was working on this project my largest problems were, writing the descriptive paragraph, bibliography because finding the right information and placing it in a certain form is just difficult to me, and the character profile. I had absolutely no clue how to write them, and only had a handful of guidance. My biggest successes for this project were the puzzle and the obituary. When I first started it took me a while to actually get started but when I did I religiously wrote one post every day. I was sailing through until I finished my time line because I had run out of genres that I knew how to do. I had much encouragement from my friends to finish the project because I saw them finishing theirs while I was still stuck, this made me work even harder. The bibliography was the hardest to complete because I had mostly Internet sources and I had to have at least three or five book sources. My topic was the generals of the war of 1812, and I chose this topic because I was interested in this war so I thought it would be the best decision. Another big problem was that some of the information was incorrect so I had to look at multiple sights to find the right answer for one battle or general such as my timeline: there was a sight that said he was educated and signed on the army around the 1790's while the same sight said he was born in the 1800's.
I had a lot of fun with this project in the beggining because there was a larger source of information, and I had this really cool site that I would use to find battles and generals because there was a list of all the battles of the War of 1812.

1 comment:

Ms. Sackstein said...

James, what you will need to work on in the future is asking for help. If I had known you were experiencing so much difficulty I could have helped you more readily. We never had a chance to conference despite my early attempts at asking you to come in or talk to me. Please let me know when you are having difficulty and then I can help you.